Treats a novel as a project, breaking it down into scenes
yWriter allows you to break your novel into chapters and scenes within chapters. You can reorder scenes and drag & drop them between chapters. Gives you a running word count per scene and chapter, and the built-in editor auto-saves your work. yWriter helps you to split your novel into chapters and scenes within chapters. Here are some key features of "yWriter":
· Organise your novel using a 'project'.
· Add files to the project, each containing a chapter.
· Add a summary to each file, showing the scenes in each chapter.
· Print out summary cards, showing the structure of your novel.
· Display the word count for every file in the project, along with a total.
· Saves a log file every day, showing words per file and the total. (Tracks your progress)
· Saves automatic backups at user-specified intervals.
· Allows multiple scenes within chapters
· Viewpoint character, goal, conflict and outcome fields for each scene.
· Storyboard view, a visual layout of your work.
· Re-order scenes within chapters.
· Move scenes from one chapter to another.
· Automatic chapter renumbering.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New option under the scene menu: Copy first line of content to scene title (All Scenes, Selected Scenes, Selected Chapters)