This is a simple yet powerful development tool for Oracle Database
Silver Sash Developer is a great utility that was designed in order to make things easier for you when developing Oracle databases.
Silver Sash Developer
can be used to write SQL statements and create PL/SQL object (procedures, functions, packages..)Get Silver Sash Developer and give ti a try to see just how useful it can actually be for you when it comes to performing a plethora of actions on Oracle databases! Here are some key features of "Silver Sash Developer":
Syntax highlighting for SQL and PL/SQL statements:
· Automatic highlighting for SQL and PL/SQL statements. This can be changed and set according to your preferences.
· Debug your PL/SQL code with an easy to use debugger.
· Step through the code using breakpoints.
· Examine variable values and change them.
· You can connect to multiple databases simultaneously. This allows you to open more than one editor pane and work on them at the same time.
Open multiple sessions of Editor/Administrator:
· Open as many sessions of Editor/Administrator. Allows you the flexibility to work on multiple databases simultaneously.
Database Administrator included:
· View tables, indexes, constraints, materialized views and other objects using the browser.You can create, alter, drop and perform other actions on these objects.
Import and Export data:
· GUI frontend for Oracle import and export is provided to make your import and export efforts much easier than working on command line.
Simultaneous Multiple sql execution:
· Execute multiple sql statements by selecting multiple statements and click "execute selected"
· Multiple output are generated on the fly for all the statements executed
Ready made templates:
· Ready made templates containing syntax for Procedures, Functions and Packages serve two purposes -
· 1. User does not have to remember the syntax.
· 2. Templates can be used to enforce coding standards for each organization.
· Templates can be added,edited and deleted in addition to inserting in the editor.
All the standard editor features:
· Standard features like File Open, File Save, Undo, Redo, Find, Replace and Print are included.
View History of past executions:
· All executed sql statements are saved for the session and can be viewed any time.
Drag and Drop tables and columns into editor to ease coding:
· A list of available tables are visible to the right of the editor. Click on the tables to display the columns.
· Both tables and columns can be dragged and dropped to the editor. This makes coding easier and error free.
Explain plan with a single click:
· Instead of saving the explain plan to a plan table and viewing it, a special button allows you to simply type in a sql command and view its plan immediately
Output in spread sheet format and text format:
· Output of select statements is provided in spreadsheet format and text format. Save query output as spreadsheet or plain text files. You can also print the spreadsheet or text output.
Limit the number of rows returned by the query:
· If the number of rows returned is too large, it can effect the memory of the client machine and hang the machine. To prevent this, you can set the number of row you wish to see.
Sort simply by clicking on column header:
· You can sort query output data simply by clicking on the column header of the column you need sorted by.
Save query output to file:
· With a save button you can save the output of sql queries to file.
Print query output directly to printer:
· With a print button for every output tab, you can print the output of sql queries directly to the printer
Messages and Error output displays:
· Messages and Error output are displayed in an adjacent window
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Exit application button is enhanced to perform the following function before exiting the application
· a. close all open tabs (editor,administrator and monitor). If contents are changed in editor, then it is prompted to save or discard the changes before exiting
· b. disconnect all connections. If any connection has uncommitted transactions, user is prompted to commit, rollback or cancel the exiting process. This way the user does not have to close individual tabs or individual connections
· Auto commit features are maintained in the preferences . Auto commit check box is removed from the editor.
· auto commit is disabled by default
· Disconnecting a connection checks for whether the transactions are commited or not. If not it will prompt for committing or rolling back the transaction
· Added commit button on editor pane
· Added rollback button on editor pane
· New option added in Monitor where user can choose between 4 charts or 1 chart to be displayed
· 5 New buttons added to...