A system of software applications used widely to plan for and respond to chemical emergencies
CAMEO (Computer-Aided Management of Emergency Operations) is a software tool for emergency planning and response.The CAMEO software suite is a collection of software programs designed to assist first responders and emergency planners to access chemical property and response information, model potential chemical releases, display key locations and release predictions on a map, manage planning data (especially data required by the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act).CAMEO is designed not only to be an emergency response tool, but to be useful for people who must meet the provisions of the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act of 1986 (EPCRA).Take CAMEO for a test drive to see what it can actually do for you. Here are some key features of "CAMEO":
· Use the Facilities module to store information about facilities where chemicals are maintained, including addresses, emergency contact information, and site plans showing the layout of the facility. You can link records in this module to symbols on a MARPLOT map so that you can quickly see where a facility is located in your community.
· Use the Chemicals in Inventory module to maintain inventory records for stored chemicals, including descriptions of each chemical's physical state, storage conditions and locations, and quantities routinely on site. You can also keep track of chemicals that are commonly transported on routes in your community.
· Use the Contacts module as a telephone and address directory of important contacts, such as chemical experts, government agencies and organizations, contacts for facilities, response resources, and other people who can help you with emergency planning or response.
· Use the Incidents module to track information about hazardous chemical spills, either at fixed facilities or along transport routes. You can link records in this module to symbols on a MARPLOT map, so that you can quickly find the location of an incident on a map.
· Use the Special Locations module to keep descriptions of schools, nursing homes, hospitals, and other facilities that require special protection and consideration during emergencies. You can link records in this module to symbols on a MARPLOT map, so that you can quickly find a special location on a map.
· Use the Routes module to compile information about routes (such as railroads or highways) commonly used to transport chemicals. You also can maintain information about the particular chemicals transported along a given route, and you can link records in this module to routes shown on a MARPLOT map, so that you can quickly find a route on a map.
· Use the Resources module to maintain information about resources (such as supplies, experts, and contractors) that you may need to quickly access during a response, or that are useful to you in your planning activities. You can link records in this module to symbols on an MARPLOT map, so that you can quickly find resources on your map.
· Use the Screening & Scenarios module to make hazards analyses for your community, using procedures described in Technical Guidance for Hazards Analysis, which is also known as the Green Book. In such a hazards analysis, you estimate the extent of the area around a facility, or other potential spill site, that might be affected by the accidental release of a chemical of concern. You then can plot this area (called a threat zone) on an MARPLOT map.
· Intel-compatible Pentium-class computer
· 256 MB RAM
· hard disk drive with 60 MB of free hard drive space
· SVGA color display
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added a New Record button to the toolbar in all modules
· Added a lat/long check in the Facilities module (CAMEO compares the lat/long values against a bounding box area that approximates the area of the county listed on the facility record’s street address)
· Added ability to link to documents within the Resources module (similar to site plans in the Facilities and Special Locations modules)
· Enhanced search capabilities in the Resources module
· Updated to allow import of Tier2 Submit 2010 files
· Fixed minor bugs