The fastest way to reach others
ShortTalks provides a user with possibility to exchange short text messages with other persons through a user's mobile phone connected to the computer (by means of SMS) or through email service.Transition of text messages is doing by means of SMS (Short Message Systems) or email service. Obviously, your partners will need to have a mobile phone and/or a valid email account.ShortTalks organizes your conversations into conferences. Conference is a talk about some subject. Conference consists of conferees (as many as you wish), a log of sending and receiving messages, settings for SMS messages and some settings for visual preferences (font, color, etc.). ShortTalks saves a conference to a separate file and presents it to you in a separate conference window. You may have several (no limit) simultaneous conference. Here are some key features of "ShortTalks":
· Sending and receiving text messages (SMS) using a mobile phone connected to a Windows computer
· Sending and receiving text email messages using an Internet connection
· Fast connect to the phone and easy of use
· Joining up to 255 plain messages (this gives 17082 characters long non-Latin message)
· Sending message to a group
· Organizing messages by conference, where several persons are discussing some subject
· Parallel processing of data transfer between the phone and the computer and user actions. This feature allows you to type new message while the program is sending previous one.
· The message can consist of maximum three parts to send, maximum four simultaneous conferences, maximum five simultaneous conferees.
· 30 days trial period What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· An option was added to split a long message into several plain messages to comply with 160 characters SMS limit. This option simplifies sending long messages on phones which cannot send concatinated SMS messages (for example, Motorola Razr v3).
· Minor bug fixes.
· Many various improvements.