A rapid application development (RAD) environment that provides developers an increase in productivity
REALbasic is a rapid application development (RAD) environment that provides developers a marked increase in productivity over other cross-platform development tools.REALbasic includes drag-and-drop capability to enable you to quickly create a user interface design, then incorporate the code behind it to add power and functionality.REALbasic creates software for Windows ME, 2000, 98, NT and XP, Linux and Mac OS X, all from a single set of source code.REALbasic includes:an integrated environment designed for developer productivity a modern, object oriented programming language a cross-platform object framework a cross compiler that produces native executables REALbasic incorporates platform-specific intelligence, like user interface widgets, so software created with REALbasic looks and feels native, regardless of the development platform you created it on.Build powerful database applications with REALbasic's built-in REAL SQL Database, based on the SQLite public domain database engine. Connect to external multi-user database engines using REALbasic Professional Edition.Use REALbasic's support for standard image formats for vector graphics, (such as those commonly created with Adobe Illustrator).Use REALbasic's Real-time 3D Engine to add interactive real-time rendered three-dimensional graphics with built-in tools. Also, use REALbasic's Sprite Animation Engine to develop interactive sprite surfaces with collision detection already built-in.REALbasic Standard Edition runs on a single platform and creates applications for that platform. Allows you to test-drive Professional Edition features like cross-platform compilation; test-drive applications will run for five minutes. Here are some key features of "REALBasic Studio Edition":
Extended database support:
· REALbasic Professional Edition adds the ability to connect to multi-user database servers like REAL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Postgres or any ODBC data source. Our database API abstracts you from the details of each server so you can switch database servers without rewriting all of your code.
· REALbasic Professional Edition adds AES 128 encryption for extra security.
· REALbasic Professional Edition enables you to create reusable custom controls that save time, reduce code complexity and promote a consistent user interface.
· REALbasic Professional Edition can create command line applications that can run in the background or when no user is logged in to the computer.
Secure network communications via Secure Socket Layers (SSL):
· The Professional Edition provides the ability to make secure internet connections using SSL, including the ability to switch to and from secure mode on demand. It also supports secure listening, which is required for SSL-enabled servers.
· The AutoDiscovery class is used to create network-aware applications that require no set-up by the end user. A REALbasic application that uses AutoDiscovery can find other AutoDiscovery-enabled applications on the network and establish a connection automatically.
· The ServerSocket control enables the rapid development of highly scalable TCP/IP server applications. It automatically manages incoming connections and scales to thousands of simultaneous connections.
· With REAL Studio cross-platform compilation is easy. You write one application and compile native executables for three operating systems (Windows, Mac and Linux.) Your REAL Studio license is a developer license and with it you can develop and deploy on all three platforms!
Debug by Remote Control:
· REAL Studio is for the professional full-time developer. It comes with a remote debugger that lets you run your app on one computer and watch your code execute on another! The two do not even have to be running the same OS. Imagine using REAL Studio's debugger on the Mac while your app is running on Windows. Is one of your customer's experiencing a bug you aren't able to reproduce? Run your app on their computer while you debug on your own! And, if that's not enough, REAL Studio comes with a license key that can be installed on any number of computers or operating systems to make development and testing easier.
Find the bottlenecks in your code:
· Is your code not running at top speed? Use the Profiler to track down the performance bottlenecks. They may not be where you think they are. Because the Profiler is integrated right into the IDE, it couldn't be easier to use.
IDE Scripting for Automation:
· Create an IDE Script to help you automate your builds or do other tasks. Read more about PostBuild scripts.
· With REAL Studio, you can build front-ends to a variety of databases, such as Oracle, Postgres, ODBC, MySQL and REAL Server. REAL Studio's database API abstracts you from the details of each server so you can switch database servers without rewriting all of your code.
Security, to Help You Sleep at Night:
· REAL Studio comes with SQLite - the fast, industry standard, practically incorruptible database engine and, on top of that, REAL Studio has AES 128 encrption to keep your data safe from prying eyes.
Professional Features Included:
· With REAL Studio, you get all of the great features from REALbasic Professional Edition, like building for the command line, SSL support, ServerSocket class, Container Controls, and the AutoDiscovery class.
· REAL Studio comes with an unlimited connection license for REAL Server, our fast, reliable, cross-platform database server.
· 30-day trial
· Nag Screen What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· HTML5 GeoLocation Support: The WebDeviceLocation class now supports the following additional HTML5 GeoLocation features: Accuracy, Altitude, AltitudeAccuracy, Heading, Speed and TimeStamp. This significantly improves location-based capabilities within applications.
· Easier CGI Deployment: When building a web app, the CGI now has better file permissions to make it more likely they will be correct when the CGI is installed on the web server. This improves web app development efficiency and speeds the installation process.