Development platform for creating security tools and penetration tests
A project that is meand to expand the exploit library and create a broader platform with publicly available exploits, helping organizations to stay ahead of the changing threat landscape.Metasploit Framework is a useful platform for exploit testing. It allows network security professionals to perform penetration tests, system administrators to verify patch installations and software developers to perform regression testing.The Metasploit Framework enables you to:· Distinguish real threats from false positives to speed and simplify remediation · Prioritize penetration tests based on automated vulnerability scans · Pinpoint exploitable vulnerabilities in networks, operating systems, Web applications and databases · Add standard and custom exploits for pen-testing real-time. Here are some key features of "Metasploit Framework":
An encyclopedia of Exploits:
· The world’s largest database of publicly available exploits, covering over 400 unique CVEs, wide range of targets with more than 440 exploits, 215 auxiliary modules and hundreds of payloads.
Broad Platform Support:
· The Metasploit Framework is supported on all major operating systems. The framework also runs on a wide variety of devices, from the Apple iPhone to IBM mainframes.
A Community of Thousands:
· Metasploit is available for free download. Since 2003, the Metasploit Project has focused on sharing security information and developing cutting-edge security open source products. Metasploit's Wiki and mailing list provide a way to gain direct access to both the Metasploit staff as well as the broader security community.
Open Source but Backed by a Commercial Provider:
· Rapid7 is committed to keeping the framework and tools open source and to providing ongoing investments in Research and Development, QA and Support.
Integrated with Vulnerability Management Solutions:
· The integration of Metasploit intelligence with Rapid7 NeXpose enables correlation of vulnerability and exploit information.