File manager, archiver, viewer, FTP-client for your operating sytem desktop
EF Commander is a complex and multi-featured file manager; a wide range of users will find it powerful and easy to use.The first version was written in 1994, under the OS/2 operating system using Presentation Manager, as a personal replacement for the old DOS program Norton Commander. In 1996 it was ported to the 32-bit Microsoft Windows operating system. Here are some key features of "EF Commander":
Easy to use:
· The modern interface helps you to have full control over your files and folders.
· Define just the views you need in each pane for your folders and files.
Built-in media player:
· The EF Commander have a full featured hi quality audio player with playlist and ID3 Tag support. Plays in background with less resources usage MP3, Ogg/Vorbis, FLAC, WMA and WAV. More formats can be play over Winamp Plugins.
· A versatile function for comfortable renaming of numerous files in a processing step. Use a flexible concept for the clear definition of renaming rules, include rules for MP3 files and EXIF informations.
· Quickly and easily get an overview your photos or other image collections.
32 bit multi-threading, parallel file operations:
· All long operations are run with multi-tasking. You can run any number of different operations at the same time, or several instances of the same operation - for example, you can have several "copy" commands going simultaneously.
Direct link to PDAs with Windows CE:
· EF Commander was the first file manager worldwide with this feature. Handle your data in the same way as on your desktop or laptop computer.
Burn CDs and DVDs direct from EF Commander:
· Nero Burning ROM is required.
Internal packers for more than 20 archive formats:
· Use EF Commander to pack files or whole folders in any of the common archive formats. No external programs are required.
· Supported formats: 7-Zip, ACE, ARC, ARJ, BZIP2, CAB, CPIO, GZIP, IMG, ISO (ISO9660), LHA, RAR, RPM, SFX, SQX, TAR, TBZ, TGZ, ZIP, Zip64, ZOO
Internal viewer for more than 30 file formats:
· View picture files and movies, and play MP3, Ogg/Vorbis, FLAC, WMA and WAV audio files, without having to use any other software.
Use XnView and IrfanView as add-ons:
· Enlarge the number of available formats to 400 or more. EF Commander runs quietly in the background, but remains fully available to you. Files can also be managed in the internal viewer, in the quick view mode, or as thumbnails.
· The built-in FTP client features resume download and FxP (server to server transfers).
Internal text and HEX editor:
· EF Commander has full text and hex editors for files that are limited only by your system resources.
Functions to split/join large files:
· Split large files into smaller parts, and recombine the parts.
· Check the integrity of your data. EF Commandersupports the SFV, MD5 and SHA1 formats.
· Synchronize your notebook or your LAN with your work station.
External plug-in support for packers, viewers, file system and contents:
· Extend the functionality of EF Commander with external plugins. Supported formats include WLX, WCX, WFX and Winamp decode plugins.
· A Pentium computer
· 6 MB free space on your harddisk
· 30 days trial
· Nag screen What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The first Commander with direct link to PDAs (Windows CE only, since version 3.0, 12/01/2001). File manager, archiver, viewer, FTP-client, HEX-Editor