Network backup system for servers, workstations and laptops
Ferro Backup System (FBS) is a professional, network backup system intended for small offices and large corporations and institutions alike. This application will enable you to protect the data stored on laptops, desktops or network file servers. Here are some key features of "Ferro Backup System":
· The most basic backup method. All selected drives, folders or files are backed up each time.
· Only files which have been modified since the last full or incremental backup will be included. This ensures faster backups and saves disk space.
File fragment differential backup:
· Improved incremental / differential backup. This saves even more space on the backup drive and ensures even faster backups. It is particularly useful when backing up large files (e.g. databases, mail files), because only modified file fragments are included in the backup archive.
Open file backup:
· Files locked by other processes can be backed up. Using this function it is possible to back up e.g. a database file (without shutting down the database server), system files (register), mail files etc.
Operating system backup:
· Here you can make a backup copy of a working operating system and restore it later on without the need to reinstall. This has the same effect as a backup created using disk or partition image software.
Database and mail files backup:
· This makes it possible to make backups of database files without shutting down the database server and to back up large mail files during work time.
· This ensures that you will never run out of disk space for your backups. There is a choice of how many backups should be stored and for how long. After a set period of time has elapsed, the oldest backups will be progressively deleted.
Restore as from a full backup:
· This option simplifies data searching and restoring. The user "sees" differential/incremental backups as full ones.
Backup and transfer encryption:
· Backed-up information can be encrypted using Rijndael(AES), Serpent or Twofish encryption engines. Data is encrypted at workstation, which means it is already secure when transferred to the backup server.
Compression at workstation:
· Data is backed up and compressed at workstations so that the processing power of all of the company’s PCs can be used and less data is transferred over the network, so any PC with a large hard disk can be used as a backup server.
· Backups can be automatically duplicated from the backup server to another network location, another hard disk, NAS, FTP server, optical device (CD/DVD/Blu-Ray/HD-DVD) or tape device (DDS, DLT, LTO, AIT, etc.)
· The entire system can be controlled from a single location.
Automated backup tasks:
· Once configured, the System can work in the background. No need for continuous supervision
· Backups are performed in the background and do not affect users.
Backup on system shutdown:
· The majority of failures occur during power up. Backups can be performed when the user shuts the system down.
· During backups, the processing capabilities of all computers are used, so multiple PCs can be backed up at the same time.
· In the case of a failure, the operator will be notified by email.
· Reports include summary details of the backup process, backup tasks remaining and statistics.
· Intel Pentium III 1 GHz (Intel Pentium 4 1.5 GHz+ CPU recommended)
· Network adapter
· Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
· Internet Explorer 5 or newer
· No more than two workstations can be connected (backup copies of two PCs can be made). What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New backup solution for open files based on copy-on-write (COW) technology replaces the mechanism of suspending processes
· New command line parameter /REPAIRDB intended for emergency repair of corrupted program database
· Automatic backup server updates added
· Command Show Plan added, helping set periodic full copy parameters
· Reattempting to open the file if “Write operations are too frequent” error occurs
· Error repeating backup of file fragments after full backup for delta copy has been deleted or corrupted - fixed
· Error computing the virtual cluster number while conducting backup of files larger than 32 GB - fixed
· Standard waiting time for backup completion when shutting down system extended from 1 to 2 hours
· Error planning backup tasks fixed. It can occur only at a given time with over 100 work stations connected
· Error processing large file names fixed
· Error automatically launching FBS Server service fixed
· Error adding a new work station without defined schedule ...