An RSS Feed pop-up notifier
Feed Notifier is an easy-to-use application that sits in your system tray and displays pop-up notifications when new items are discovered in your subscribed RSS/ Atom feeds. Feed Notifier is what you get if you want real-time RSS/Atom notifications on your desktop without all the other stuff (clutter) that comes with most RSS readers. Here are some key features of "Feed Notifier":
· "Update Feeds" option to check all feeds on demand.
· Configurable pop-up size.
· Enable/Disable individual feeds without deleting them
· "Run at Startup" option
· Item age displayed in pop-up, e.g. "5 minutes ago"
· Item author displayed in pop-up.
· Navigation controls displayed in pop-up
· "Auto-play" option can be turned off
· System tray icon changes when the app is checking feeds.
· Automatically computes a good polling interval when adding a new feed.
· Pop-ups can be displayed in the center of the screen.
· Shows the favicon for the feed when available.
· Number of items shown in pop-up, e.g. "4 of 12"
· Ability to edit feeds and configure feed titles and links.
· Proxy server support.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Being a real-time RSS notification app, Feed Notifier is prone to flooding the user with excessive popups, even with just a handful of RSS feeds. So, we decided to add a very powerful keyword filtering feature. You can create any number of filters and each filter can be applied to all feeds or just the feeds that you select. Filters can be inclusive or exclusive and can be combined using AND, OR and NOT logic.
· Prior to version 2.2, authenticated feeds were supported but required putting your username and password in the feed URL itself, leaving it shown in plaintext in the user interface. This was confusing and not very secure.
· Now, when adding a feed, Feed Notifier will automatically detect if the feed requires authentication. If it does, it will display a username and password prompt.
· The username and password cannot be changed once the feed is added. If you need to update your password, just remove and re-create the feed...