This utility will record, arrange, edit, and render multi-track waveform audio
REAPER is a powerful but sensible program that lets you record, edit, render and arrange multi-track waveform audio.REAPER is a application designed for the recording, arrangement, editing, mixing and rendering of audio. REAPER provides a flexible but easy to use interface that is equally suited to amateurs and professionals alike. Here are some key features of "REAPER":
Easy to use:
· Equally usable by hobby users and professionals alike. Simply drag and drop one of many kinds of files in to edit existing material, or insert a track and arm it for recording. No complex project settings or definitions are required.
Extremely small footprint:
· REAPER is full featured, but its installer is barely over 1 megabyte. It starts and closes fast, and is easily installed on new systems or on portable drives.
Fast and powerful editing facilities:
· Split, resize, fade/crossfade, pitch shift, timestretch, copy/paste and loop media items with ease. Ripple editing is available, too.
Unrivaled routing capabilities:
· Send tracks to any number of other tracks or hardware outputs, with lots of options (pre-fx, post-fx, independent faders, mono or stereo). Not interested in advanced routing? You don't have to use it (and it certainly won't get in the way.)
Powerful recording options:
· Supports pre-fx, post-fx recording, can record mixed output of multiple tracks, etc, supports switching record inputs/modes on the fly, input monitoring options (including tape-style auto input monitoring mode), supports auto-punch-in/punch-out, and more. If you want. Otherwise, it just behaves as you would expect.
Wide open compatibility:
· Sane, human readable, human editable project file format. Support for reading and writing many common file formats. Support for consolidating track edits and rendering track stems, to enable easy export for other applications. EDL import/export for Samplitude and Vegas.
· Support for MIDI files, recording MIDI, and VSTi / DXi softsynths. MIDI can be integrated and mixed with audio.
Customizeable user interface:
· User arrangeable user interface with color themes: make REAPER look how you want it to look, and arrange (or hide) elements of the user interface to suit your needs.
Bundled Effects and 3rd party plug-in Support:
· Includes built in effects including a compressor, gate, FFT EQ, and some basic synthesizers, and includes many Jesusonic effects, and supports many plug-ins (including VST and DX plug-ins) with full plug-in delay compensation.
· 500mhz processor
· 10MB free disk space
· 800x600 in 256 colors or higher
· Compatible sound hardware
· 30 days trial
· Nag screen What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Count-in: follow tempo and time signature at play start position, not prior to it
· Directory cleanup: ignore files that are retained in project bays
· Envelopes: allow editing initial envelope point regardless of editing preferences
· Envelopes: option to add transition point when recording automation while playback is stopped
· Envelopes: clicking on an envelope point no longer seeks playback
· MIDI: fixed stuck notes when looping
· MIDI: renaming one pooled take renames all pooled takes
· MIDI editor: fixed bad behavior when drawing over existing CC events with snap enabled
· MIDI editor: fixed horizontal zoom with mouse cursor center, when using project-synced timebase
· MIDI editor: avoid accidental time selections in ruler
· MIDI editor: support negative swing quantize
· MIDI editor: fixed possible oddness when editing CC with auto-select CC enabled
· Media explorer: added action to close media explorer
· Mouse modifiers: support draw/edit/ramp CC events when starting the edit over a CC eve...