An essential tool for managing a song library and generating playlists
DJ Jukebox is an essential tool for managing a song library and generating playlists. Each song can be assigned a rating so that favorites are played more often, and that unwanted songs are never chosen. File management features include global search and replace on filenames, copy or delete files, and rename/move directories.DJ Jukebox can also remote control a media player on a network computer. A click of the mouse can send keystrokes, playing instructions, and volume changes to the server's media player. DJ Jukebox supports all media players / file types, commercials or repetition prevention. Here are some key features of "DJ Jukebox":
· DJ Jukebox generates random lists of songs which can be delivered to a media player such as Winamp. Each song can be rated (on a scale of 0-100) to ensure that favorites are chosen more often. A rating of 0 will prevent the song from being played altogether.
· DJ Jukebox maintains a list of each song and its rating in the "Song Table". From this table, songs can be easily renamed, deleted, or rated.
· DJ Jukebox can rename or move an entire directory. The Song Table is automatically updated to reflect the new song locations.
· DJ Jukebox can also perform a text search and replace operation on the Song Table. Again, the song files are automatically renamed when a change is made.
· DJ Jukebox can listen for commands from another copy of DJ Jukebox located on a local area network (LAN). Programmable keystrokes can be sent to the server with the click of a button, providing complete remote control over the media player.
· The remote control feature can be used by a dedicated entertainment server. DJ Jukebox can start automatically during bootup and begin listening for remote commands. The server does not even need a monitor.
· DJ Jukebox can insert commercials in between songs. The commercials can be any type of media file that the media player supports. The average number of commercials per song can be adjusted, and individual commercials can be assigned a frequency rating that determines how often they are chosen.
· When DJ Jukebox generates a playlist, it can make sure that songs do not get repeated too often. It can also ensure that no two consecutive songs are from the same album or artist, or have the same name.
· It requires 32 MB RAM and a processor of at least 100 MHz.
· Installation will use approximately 7 MB of hard drive space.
· A media player is required to actually play songs, such as Winamp
· A limit of 10 songs is generated in the playlist
· A limit of 500 playlists can be generated
· The "Edit Tags" tool is disabled
· The "Normalize Filenames" tool is disabled
· The "Find Duplicates" tool is disabled
· The "Print Songs" tool is disabled
· The server shutdown tools are disabled
· The "Discard Nonexistent Songs" tool is disabled
· The "Wake Server" tool is disabled
· The "Copy Ratings" tool is disabled What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Major interface improvements, too many to list. Added support for Aero Glass (Vista/2008/7). Improved appearance, layout, margins, skins.
· The set of tabs have been replaced by a row of buttons
· Added the "Shell Integration" tool to the Options menu. This allows the user to integrate DJ Jukebox with the operating system's shell. If enabled, when right clicking on a song file (in Windows Explorer), there will be a menu option named "Play with DJ Jukebox". Selecting this menu option will cause DJ Jukebox to launch, play the song, and terminate. The song is played in accordance with a project's media player settings, namely "Use Non-Default Media Player" and "Use Remote Jukebox"
· Added the "Auto-Start Project" tool to the File menu. This is used to launch Dj Jukebox when the computer boots up
· Added a graphical banner to the top of various windows
· Added the "/PS" command line switch, which plays a specified song using a specified project's settings
· Added the "Remote" checkbox t...