A state of the art software multiband compressor limiter (MBL9) for radio broadcasters
With this software and a suitable sound card it is possible to turn a Windows PC into an radio broadcast processor. The processor achieves its punch (loudness) through the use of a unique distortion masked final clipper.Sonos 4 will help you create and share broadcasts using modern and powerful technology! Here are some key features of \"Sonos 4\":
· Low latency (delay) mode with a suitable ASIO sound card. Off air monitoring while speaking is then possible.
· Choice of four, five, six or nine band compressor limiters. All five processors share common parts such as three stages of parametric equalization, stereo widener, stereo enhancer,phase rotator, filtering for FM and AM, switchable pre-emphasis for FM. The processor architecture is similar in each of the five processors. Single dual or tri band gated AGC is followed by a gated multiband limiter optionally preceded by a multiband compressor. Single band gated limiting is applied before the final clipper. Pre-emphasis for FM is applied partially before the multiband section and partially after the final clipper. The processor settings are fully adjustable with easy to use saving and loading of preset files.
· Supports multiple instances allowing one computer to run up to 8 processors simultaneously.
· Supports both Windows native sound interface (Wave) and ASIO interface (when provided by the sound card manufacturer). Sample rates up to 192kHz and sample size up to 32 bits supported.
· Daypart scheduler.
· Within each processor is a \'failsafe\' function that will switch the audio to a backup feed should the main feed fail. The backup can be simply the sound file player playing a repeating playlist.
· A stereo multiplex generator and RDS encoder for FM use. This feature needs a 192kHz sound card with adequate bandwidth to pass the multiplexed signal.
· LAN or Internet linking to a remote computer (STL function). The link can send feeds to multiple clients. The link is optionally bi-directional. The encoder uses Ogg/Vorbis achieving an FM like quality at 64kb/s.
· Audio logging function.
· Intel/AMD x86 CPU
· Sound card.192kHz sample rate to use the built in stereo multiplex and RDS encoders.
What\'s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed a memory leak in the streaming function.(TX Stream).
· The STL function can now send RS232 (Serial) data over a link. This feature is bi-directional.