Official Web Site: http://macitbetter.com/
BetterZip lets you quickly inspect archives without first extracting their contents.
* Extract Only Files You Really Need: If you only need a few files or
folders from a larger archive, you don't have to extract the whole thing.
Simply drag the files you need from the BetterZip window to any Finder
window or the desktop.
* Open Archives Without Extracting: Not only can BetterZip open
archives without first extracting them but you can also search for a file
using the iTunes-like interface. BetterZip can open and extract archives
with the most common formats: ZIP, SIT, TAR, XAR, GZip, BZip2,
RAR, 7-Zip, CPIO, ARJ, LZH/LHA, JAR, WAR, CAB, ISO, CHM,
RPM, DEB, NSIS, BIN, HQX.
* Create Archives: Simply drag files and folders from your hard drives,
disks, or network places into your new zip file. You no longer have to
copy all the files into a temporary folder first. The supported formats are
ZIP, TAR, GZip and BZip2 compressed TAR, XAR, 7-ZIP, and RAR
(using the external RAR commandline tool). Large archives can also be
* Protect Your Data: BetterZip can protect your data with a password and
create WinZip compatible AES-256 encrypted archives. 7-zip and rar
archives can also be protected.
* Update Archives: Add new or updated files to existing archives.
Remove any file or folder from an archive, or even move files around
inside the archive as if it were a normal folder.
* Make Archives Compatible: Strip Mac specific files and resource forks
from archives for best compatibility with systems like Windows or
* Using the service 'Extract with BetterZip' you can now extract all
archives in a folder hierarchy.
* If files are selected in the archive window, presets now only extract
those instead of all files. Hold down Shift to extract all anyway.
* Enhanced 'replace existing files' dialog: it now allows to merge extracted
items into existing folders, keep both versions or replace the existing
version with the one from the archive.
* Enhanced accessibility.
* Improved SIT file handling.
* The favorites sidebar is now populated in the background and there is
no longer a delay when starting BetterZip.
* Re-added 'Terminate after last window closed' option.
* Enabled the additional parameters field for tar archives.
* Holding down the option key now shows a save panel even for services
or direct extraction.
* The location preset in the save panel is now by default next to original
* Fixed two bugs that could lead to a crash.
* BetterZip now uses the original encryption method when resaving an
archive, i.e., header encryption will be retained.
* Splitting 7z archives was off by a factor 1024.
* The Save toolbar button wasn't correctly initialized with the default
* Cancelling archive creation through a service in the save panel no longer
displays a confusing message.
* Moving or deleting the external rar program could lead to a crash when
saving with a preset with rar format.
* The progress bar no longer gets stuck when hiding BetterZip while
extracting large archive.
* Extracting an archive via context menu while the same archive was open
in BZ could crash BetterZip.
* Fixed a problem with extracting read-only folders in archives.
Intel Mac OS version: Mac OS X 10.6 or later
--- PLEASE SEED ---