DirectShow Media Splitter and Decoders
LAV Filters are a set of DirectShow filters based on the libavformat and libavcodec librariesfrom the ffmpeg project, which will allow you to play virtually any format in a DirectShow player.LAVFSplitter is a multi-format media splitter that uses libavformat (the demuxing library from ffmpeg) to demux all sorts of media files.The filters are still under Development, so not every feature is finished, or every format supported.Give LAV Filters a try to see what it\'s all about! Here are some key features of \"LAV Filters\":
· MKV/WebM, AVI, MP4/MOV, MPEG-TS/PS (including basic EVO support), FLV, OGG, and many more that are supported by ffmpeg!
· H264, VC-1, MPEG-2, MPEG4-ASP (Divx/Xvid), VP8, MJPEG and many more.
· AAC, AC3, DTS(-HD), TrueHD, MP3/MP2, Vorbis, LPCM and more.
· VOB, DVB Subs, PGS, SRT, SSA/ASS, Text
· Support for opening BluRay playlists (.mpls), as well as the index.bdmv file, which will try to detect the main movie playlist. BluRay support is still in an early stage, and there are still many improvements and new features planned!
Other Notable Features:
· Full Stream switching
· MKV Embedded Fonts
· VC++2010 Runtime
What\'s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved handling of failures on the output pins
· Improved VC-1 in EVO timestamps
· Added support for dynamic channel count changes in AAC
· Implemented support for sample format conversions
· Implemented Audio Delay options
· Disabled the WMA codecs by default
· Improved Bitstreaming data flow
· Fixed cropping of VP6 video
· New SSE2 YUV420 -> YUV422 converter
· Performance enhancements in the CUVID decoder on some systems
· Fixed playback with the XP Overlay Mixer
· Fixed a crash when decoding RGB video (Fraps, etc)