Bioinformatics program for advanced RNA sequence analysis
This 4-week fully functional demo of CLC RNA Workbench - a bioinformatics program for advanced RNA sequence analysis. All analyses are fully integrated in one single, user-friendly, and intuitive software application. The following is a list of CLC RNA Workbench analyses:· Secondary structure prediction· Graphical view and editing of secondary structure· Tabular view of structures and energy contributions· Symbolic representation in sequence view· Pattern search· BLAST searches· General sequence analyses· Nucleotide analyses · Sequence alignment · Dot plots · Virtual gel viewer Here are some key features of \"CLC RNA Workbench\":
Bioinformatics features in CLC RNA Workbench:
· Secondary structure prediction
· Graphical view and editing of secondary structure
· Tabular view of structures and energy contributions
· Symbolic representation in sequence view
· Search for sequence matches
· Motif search for basic patterns
· Motif search using regular expressions
· Motif search with ProSite patterns
· Pattern discovery (unknown patterns)
Project and data management:
· Full integration of data input, data management, calculation results, and data export
· Detailed history log
· All types of files can be saved in local projects, and launched from the program
· Import and export of data in a large number of file formats
· Option of working in several active workspaces at a time, enabling simultaneous work on multiple projects
Other bioinformatics features:
· DNA, RNA and protein sequence editor displaying both linear and circular molecules
· Multiple alignment of DNA, RNA, and proteins
· Joining multiple alignments into one
· DNA, RNA, and protein alignment editor
· Interactive logo graphs along both DNA, RNA and Protein alignments
· Batch processing of analyses on multiple sequences in one work-step
· Advanced re-alignment and fix-point alignment option
· Manual annotation of sequences
· Dot plot based analyses
· Local complexity region analyses and complexity plots
· Gap fraction graphs
· G/C content analysis and graphs
· Advanced pairwise comparison
· Extract annotations
· Web based sequence search using BLAST
· BLAST on local databases
· Build local BLAST databases
· GenBank Entrez searches
· PubMed lookup
· Web based lookup in UniProt, NCBI, and Google
· 1024x768 screen resolution
· 256 MB RAM required, 512MB RAM recommended
· 30 days trial
· Nag screen What\'s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· BLAST tools have been redesigned
· New Blast Database manager for easy administration and management of local BLAST databases. Read more.
· More user-friendly way of creating and accessing local BLAST databases.
· Much more stable design of both BLAST at NCBI and Local BLAST when running large data sets.
· The SNP Annotation using BLAST tool has been discontinued.
· See migration notes for using your old databases here.
· Improved layout of restriction site annotations
· Linear view: There is a new option for displaying labels as \"Stacked\" which means that the labels of overlapping cut sites can be discriminated. Read more.
· Circular view: There is a \"Radial\" option that will place restriction sites (and annotations) as close to the sequence as possible with a radial layout. Read more.
· Improved layout of general annotations
· Linear view: There is an option to separate restriction sites and annotations in separate layers.
· Circular view: There is a \"Radial\" option that will place annota...