The program encodes text files to UTF-8
UTFCast Professional is a tool that lets you batch convert all text files to Unicode with just a click of your mouse. You can use it to convert a directory full of text files to an output directory, while maintaining the directory structure of the original files. It doesn\'t even matter if your text file has a different extensioThe program can automatically detect text files and convert them, and also has the ability to recognize over 30 codepages. You can use this application for converting an entire directory of text files while preserving the directory structure intact. Here are some key features of \"UTFCast Professional\":
Super high speed:
· 100,000 files, sized about 65GB, it only takes UTFCast Professional about 200 seconds for detection on a mid-end computer. This means it detects 400-500 files per second.
· Multi-Core is leveraged to maximize detection and conversion. The only bottleneck is your hard disk drive.
Automatical text file detection:
· No matter what the file\'s extension is, UTFCast Professional will always check whether the file is a text file. Just select a folder, your text files will be automatically picked up for conversion.
Detect and convert 30+ codepages:
· Codepages does not need to be specified manually, UTFCast Professional can recognize 30+ codepages, such that correct codepage will be automatically applied to every text file.
Unlimited file size handling:
· Convert a text file that larger than 1GB, or even 1TB? UTFCast Professional can handle this!
Easy to use:
· Click on a menu item only ONCE, UTFCast Professional will convert every text file in the folder, output conversion results to another folder, and keep your folder structure intact.
· Needs at least 35MB of free disk space for intallation
· Writing conversion result to disk is disabled What\'s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Supports converting a single file and specifying input codepage in command line mode. Minor UI rendering bug fixes. Binary file detection engine improved. Windows 8 is now a supported operating system.