Portable backup software does full, incremental, differential and mirror backups
Softpedia in association with Softland offers you a special discount: Now, only from Softpedia, you can buy Portable Backup4all with a 30% discount. Take advantage of this opportunity and press the Buy Now button and use the SOFT30 coupon. Get it now, while it\'s hot! Backup4all for U3 represents a portable version of Backup4all that you can take with you wherever you go. All you need is a U3 compatible USB device, and you can start using Backup4all for U3 from any Windows 2000 or XP PC, anywhere. Backup4all for U3 can be configured to automatically run a backup job when the U3 smart USB drive is connected. Think of the time spared as you will have to simply plug-in the U3 USB device to execute a backup. Using Backup4all for U3 you can easily back up to any local or network drive, backup to FTP, backup to CD/DVD, or other removable media (such as USB drives). Here are some advantages for using Backup4all for U3: · Plug-and-Backup - You can configure Backup4all for U3 to automatically execute a backup job when the U3 smart USB device is plugged in. · Use Backup4all anywhere - When you install Backup4all for U3 on a U3 smart drive, you can use it anywhere a Windows 2000 or XP computer is available. · Safe and secure - When you remove the U3 smart drive from a PC, all your information is secure and leaves with you. · Portable and easy to use - U3 smart drives are small, lightweight and convenient - no bigger than a pack of gum! · No hassle - with a U3 smart drive, it’s easy to work on multiple and shared computers - because you can carry your personal PC-environment with you wherever you go. · International - Backup4all for U3 supports 14 different languages within one version! Supported languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish Here are some key features of \"Portable Backup4all [DISCOUNT: 30% OFF!]\":
· Version Tracking
· Backup4all for U3 is a portable backup software that offers a unique mode to track file versions. You can selectively restore any previous state of the file directly from the main window.
· Backup to DVD and CD
· You do not need a separate software to burn your backups to CD/DVD, because Backup4all for U3 comes with its own built-in CD/DVD burning support. However, if you prefer, you can still use UDF format to burn your CDs/DVDs.
· Standard ZIP Compression
· Backup4all for U3 creates standard zip files. This means that you can access your data with any zip compatible utility. You can also secure the backed up data with AES encryption (128, 192 and 256-bit).
· Highly Configurable
· Plenty of backup types to choose from: full backup, differential backup, incremental backup and mirror backup.
· Backup locked or open files
· Backup4all for U3 uses the Volume Shadow Copy service that allows you to back up local open files from NTFS partitions in Windows XP. For example you can back up your emails and settings without closing Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express.
· FTP Backup
· You can now backup your files to remote locations using FTP connection (with SSL support, active/passive transfer modes, firewall support).
· Predefined backups
· You can easily define a backup job for My documents, My pictures or Outlook Express emails and settings from the predefined backups list.
· Email notifications
· You can configure Backup4all for U3 to send custom emails after a finished backup with success, error, warning notifications. Additional options allow you to attach the backup log file and send the email to several addresses.
· You can actually see how many files are backed up, the total space allocated for the current backup in the destination, how many files will be added at the next execution, what is the available free space on destination and much more.
· An U3 smart drive is required to run Backup4all for U3.
· 30 days trial What\'s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fix: In some cases, the scheduler password was asked again when saving the job
· Fix: Backup on demand using OTB button was not working
· Fix: When a backup was aborted because the action before it failed, all buttons for that job were grayed out
· Fix: When using Mirror backup, the folders were not removed from FTP destination if they were deleted from sources.