Rename files with all kind of rules you define
BatchRename Free Edition is a useful application that will rename files in the same or different path. It provides a no-nonsense method for renaming files. With its well-planned setup and customizable flexibility, this should meet the needs of any user. Here are some key features of \"BatchRename Free Edition\":
Generic renaming support:
· All basic rename command supported: prefix, suffix, insert, remove, truncate, replace, uppercase, and lowercase.
· Define a specific part of the filename to change, e.g. insert to specific position count from left or right, remove specific length of characters from specific position count from left or right, uppercase/lowercase the first letter of each word, uppercase/lowercase or remove at specific position, truncate filename to a specific length, remove characters between ‘(‘ and ‘)’...
· Use all kinds of dynamic information to rename files, including: number series, date time, file\'s date time attribute, random numbers or characters…
· Output renamed files to a different folder.
· Renaming rules builder – add renaming command to build any kind of renaming rule you want. Up to 7 commands can be executed in one batch.
· Add both files and folders to the file list for renaming, you can also select to recursively add files in sub folders. Support up to 500 files in the file list.
· File filter support case sensitive, exclude, and wildcard features.
Favorite rename rules:
· Tons of predefined favorite renaming rules already included after install, help you to accomplish the popular renaming tasks by one click. You can also modify the existing favorite rules and create your own. Filter for Favorite renaming rules added to help easily group and find the renaming rules.
· Support for MP3 Tag ID3 v1, rename mp3 files by the music\'s Title, Album, Artist, Genre, BitRate, Frequency, Comment, Track and Year.
Support EXIF data:
· rename pictures with the EXIF data, including: Camera name, Digitized date, Original date time, ISO speed, Exposure time, Shutter speed, Lens aperture, F-Number, GPS data... All EXIF properties are supported.
· Media preview: view (picture) or play (movie or music) the selected file in the quick window. You can see the file’s content directly in BatchRename and it helps you decide how to rename them.
· File’s properties preview: you can view all the file’s properties in the quick window, including: MP3 Tag info, Picture\'s EXIF data, and Windows shell details info. With this, you can easily decide which property you want to use for the renaming.
Drag and Drop:
· It\'s easy to add files and folders to the file list by just drag them from anywhere and drop to BatchRename’s main window.
· The file list, renaming rules and the renaming result, even the Undo state can be saved to a file, so you can save your current work and load it to continue with it later.
What\'s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Rename file using office word document content improved, support using any number of words to rename now.
· Bug fix for loading favorite rules to rule builder with spaces in it.
· UI improved.
· Renaming results display improved.