A graphical data mapping, conversion and integration tool.
Altova MapForce 2012 Enterprise Edition is a scalable data mapping, integration and ETL tool. This award-winning application lets you visually map data between any combination of XML, DB, flat file, EDI, Excel 2007, XBRL and/or Web service then transforms data instantly or generates royalty-free code for execution of recurrent conversions. Support for wildcard characters allows you to split data into multiple files or use file names as parameters. Direct file read and write gives MapForce a performance boost by streaming arbitrarily large XML, CSV and FLF input and output files. Optionally generate an XML signature for XML output to ensure document integrity. Numerous functions come standard (filter, concatenate, sum, etc.), and you can create and save your own functions or use existing Web services to process data. Once a mapping is defined, you can instantly view and save the output. Additionally, you can choose XSLT 1.0, XSLT 2.0, XQuery, Java, C++ or C# to automatically generate turnkey applications from your mapping designs. MapForce supports all major databases, including SQL Server, IBM DB2, Oracle, Sybase, MySQL and PostgreSQL. EDI support is provided for the most prevalent standards: EDIFACT, X12, HIPAA, HL7, SAP IDoc and IATA PADIS. The FlexText utility lets you parse structured text files to easily incorporate legacy data in mapping designs. Support for XBRL enables you to comply with financial reporting mandates by easily transforming accounting data based on your XBRL taxonomy. Tight integration with Altova StyleVision lets you render your transformation output in attractive HTML, Word or PDF reports. MapForce also integrates seamlessly with leading IDEs Visual Studio and Eclipse.After using the application, you will find it to be an indispensable software for anyone who is facing data integration and Web services implementation challenges. Here are some key features of \"Altova MapForce Enterprise Edition\":
· Graphical mapping of XML, databases, flat files, EDI, Excel 2007+, XBRL, & Web services
· Instant data transformation
· Drag & drop data mapping and conversion
· Processing data from/into multiple files
· Using input/output file names as parameters
· Chained transformations
· Advanced database mapping functionality
· Support for all major relational databases
· FlexText utility for parsing flat files
· Support for EDIFACT, X12, HL7, & SAP IDoc EDI messages
· Building new Web services
· Connecting data to Web services
· XSLT 1.0/2.0 and XQuery code generation
· Advanced data processing functions
· Visual function builder
· Java, C#, and C++ code generation
· Automation through API, ActiveX control, or command line
· Integration with StyleVision for rendering mapping results
· Visual Studio & Eclipse integration
· Pentium III processor, 800 MHz recommended
· Internet connection for the trial key
· 64MB RAM
· 50MB available on hard-disk
· 30 days trial
· Nag screen What\'s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Streaming reading for large files:
· MapForce 2012 includes new streaming reading functionality for large XML, CSV, and FLF (fixed length format) files and databases. This enhanced read feature is equivalent to the direct file output feature introduced in v2011r2. Now the MapForce built-in execution engine can read arbitrarily long input sources and create correspondingly large output streams.
· Users no longer have to split extremely large XML, CSV, or FLF input files into chunks for processing, and MapForce can even theoretically read an entire relational database in one pass and generate an XML or other output file in a single pass.
· This is an important feature for extremely large ETL (Extract/Transform/Load) applications. MapForce already has included streaming output capabilities in recent releases and the streaming input capabilities allow MapForce to perform the most demanding ETL tasks.
New parse-date and parse-time functions:
· Users must produce a tremendous variety of rep...