Backup to any drive, CD/DVD, or remote location with FTP
Safe Data Backup application was designed to help you protect your valuable data. Easily back up your data to a CD, DVD, local drive, USB memory stick, or network drive. For extra safety, use the remote backup features to store your encrypted data offsite. Remote backup is available using either FTP or e-mail. Schedule automatic backups to run unattended, so your data always remains safely backed up. Backups can optionally store revisions of modified files and deleted files, so you can restore any earlier version of a file. Backups can even copy files currently open or locked by other applications. Powerful filtering options enable you to precisely select the data you want to backup. Advanced features are available, such as being able to launch other jobs before/after each backup job. Safe Data Backup has a simple, intuitive interface and uses minimal system resources when running. Here are some key features of \"Safe Data Backup\":
Unlimited Backup Configurations:
· Create as many data backup configurations as you need. You may want to create some backups that run daily, and others that run less often. Maybe you want to create one configuration for manually backing up to DVD, and another for performing an automatic remote backup.
· Create a backup that is an exact mirror image of your original data. Data can easily be restored with any file copying program, such as Windows Explorer.
Compressed ZIP Backups:
· Creates an industry standard ZIP file. The ZIP file can optionally be encrypted and password protected. The encryption is done with the industry standard AES 256 algorithm for robust security. The ZIP file can be opened with any utility that can read ZIP files, including Windows, WinZip, etc.
Backup to CD or DVD:
· Safe Data Backup can burn your data backup directly to CD or DVD. No extra burning software is required when running under Windows XP or Vista/7. If you are using a version of Windows before XP, you would need 3rd party software to burn to CD/DVD. (DVD backups require Windows Vista or later. CD backups available in Windows XP, Vista, and 7.)
Remote Backup via FTP:
· Upload your encrypted ZIP backup to an FTP server. For extra safety, keeping a backup off site is a smart idea. In the event of a disaster at your home/office you would still be able to retrieve your data from your off site backup.
Remote Backup via E-Mail:
· E-mail your encrypted ZIP backup to yourself so that you have a remote copy of your data. Safe Data Backup supports splitting the ZIP file into multiple parts to limit the size of any one attachment. (Many mail servers have a limitation on the maximum size of an e-mail attachment.)
Backup Locked or Open Files:
· Safe Data Backup can successfully backup files that are currently locked or in use by other applications. This feature is done utilizing the \"Volume Shadow Service\" feature built into Windows XP, Vista, and 7. Therefore, this option is only available when running under Windows XP, Vista, or 7.
Network Drive Support:
· Backup files located on any drive, whether it is local or network drive. Backup destinations can also be any local or network drive.
· Schedule your jobs to run automatically, so your backups always remain current. Once you schedule a backup job you can just set it, and forget about it, knowing your data will always be backed up.
Save Revisions of Modified Files:
· Save multiple revisions of modified files. This feature allows you to restore any older version of a file. Safe Data Backup saves your revisions in the backup destination in a separate but parallel folder hierarchy. This keeps your current backup an exact mirror copy of your current source data, while making revisions available when necessary. This method makes restoring easier than with other data backup programs, as your revisions are not intermingled with your current backup.
Save Deleted Files:
· Save deleted files. Deleted files are saved into the backup destination in a separate but parallel folder hierarchy.
· Filter your data backups based on filename extension or attributes. You may also specify certain files or folders to never back up.
Adjustable Backup Priority:
· Set the priority level used to run your backup job. Set a higher priority level to complete the job faster, or a lower priority level to consume fewer system resources.
Integrate With Other Tasks:
· Optionally assign any other task to run before a backup job starts or after it completes. Ideal for complex backup situations where you need to perform some other action before or after a data backup.
· A maximum of 40 total data backup jobs can be run with the evaluation version.
· The evaluation version can only be started 60 times before a license key will be required. What\'s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved robustness of FTPs remote backup uploads