Create your own exciting text adventure games, without having to program
Quest lets you easily create your own text adventure games, without needing to know how to program.Make text adventures, role-playing games, training materials, simulations, interactive fiction and more. With its easy-to-use visual editor, absolutely no programming is required - everything about your game is displayed in plain English. A full tutorial is included so you can get started quickly. You\'re not limited to text - your games can come alive with pictures, sound effects and music. With Quest Packager (part of Quest Pro), you can create a stand-alone EXE file for your game, so your users can install your game with no additional downloads required. You can also upload your game to the website textadventures.co.uk, so people will be able to play without having to download anything at all! In your Quest games, you can create rooms, objects, characters, containers, and surfaces. Pick up and drop objects, use objects on other objects, and give objects to characters. Easily add commands, so players can do what you want them to do. Use scripts to make absolutely anything happen in your game. Move the player, move and hide objects. Display menus, use subroutines, functions, loops, conditional statements and more. Change object properties during the game, create and clone objects, use variables, flags, timers and external libraries. Quest supports random number generation, string handling functions, arrays and inheritance of object properties - and all of these advanced functions are available from a plain-English interface. So you can create sophisticated environments easily, and you won\'t come across any limitations. You have full control over text formatting, fonts and colours, and you can display pictures in BMP, GIF or JPEG formats. You can play music and sounds - MP3, WAV, MIDI and MOD. The Quest Compiler encrypts your game so others can\'t edit it or cheat, and all included graphics and sounds can be put into one file. Quest - let your imagination fly.
· 50MB hard disk space
What\'s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New feature: Players can now customise fonts and colours for a game from the new Options window.
· New feature: Container “open” and “close” messages can be customised per container.
· Improved: More useful error messages if Quest can’t load a game file due to an error in one of your scripts.
· Fixed: Various issues with Quest 4 games – locked exits in CAS files, sounds in ZIP files, and timers running at the wrong time.
· Fixed: Memory leaks in the Editor which could cause Quest to hang when switching to/from the Code View with large games.