A graphical XML Schema management tool.
Altova SchemaAgent 2011 is a graphical tool for analyzing and managing XML Schemas, XML instances, XSLT files, and WSDL file relationships, as well as viewing files used in Altova MapForce data mapping projects. The application will find relevant files in your folders and will help you navigate through them by displaying them in its explorer pane. The graphical design pane displays the files as a pool of resources, allowing you to construct complex documents from elements of existing files distributed about your network. This promotes the design of componentized files on which your group can standardize and facilitates reuse of files to reduce development times. Simply drag a file from the explorer onto the design pane, and a right-click menu lets you view all referenced, referencing, related, and linked XML Schema, XML instance, XSLT, WSDL and/or MapForce files as graphical components. Associations between files are indicated by color coded lines linking the graphical components. You can create or change import, include, and redefine (IIR) references by dragging-and-dropping connecting lines between components, and changes are propagated to all related files. XML Schemas are displayed in the design pane as graphical components with details about IIR relationships and a list of all global elements, attributes, types, etc. Components representing XML instances include a list of associated XML Schemas, XSLT files, and included namespaces. XSLT 1.0/2.0 components display import and include relationships to other XSLT files and associated XML Schemas. WSDL 1.1/2.0 components provide a list of imported WSDL files, imported schemas, inline schemas and definitions (port types or interfaces, bindings, etc.) present in the WSDL. MapForce components list any XML Schema, XML instance, and WSDL files used as a data mapping source or target.NOTE: In order to use the application, you will need to activate it by email. Here are some key features of \"Altova SchemaAgent\":
· SchemaAgent Server can be installed as a standalone application with a GUI, or as an interactive or non-interactive service.
Graphical user interface:
· SchemaAgent Server\'s graphical user interface (GUI) provides full environment information, including lists of currently connected clients and all defined search paths. An Environment window displays all defined search paths as hierarchical tree structures as well as all file extensions defined for schemas, MFD, XML, XSL/XSLT, and WSDL files, and provides easy-to-use search path selection using Explorer-type browse functionality. The main window in the right area of SchemaAgent Server displays all files with the defined file extensions that have been found in the search paths.
· The user interface provides a Log window that displays detailed communications activity. The log reports can be configured and written to CSV files.
Access to schemas on the web:
· SchemaAgent Server enables access to schemas located in WebDAV folders on (secure) WebDAV servers with UNC paths and drive letters.
SchemaAgent Client provides user-friendly GUI features:
· SchemaAgent Client provides a GUI that enables you to build schema relationships and manage large numbers of schemas, as well as view relationships between MFD files and their associated schemas. These are the core features of SchemaAgent technology.
· Schema designs help you to manage and organize schema collections intuitively. These designs can be saved as SchemaAgent design files for subsequent editing. You can create, update, or delete IIRs (Includes, Imports, and Redefines) between schemas by direct manipulation in a SchemaAgent design using drag-and-drop. Once an IIR relationship is created or modified in a SchemaAgent design, that relationship is physically written into the relevant schema (XSD) file(s) and any related schema file. To undo a modification to a relationship, you must edit the SchemaAgent design accordingly. For XSLT stylesheets, SchemaAgent Client allows you to create imports and includes as well as import schemas or create new or display existing inline schemas.
· The Design window also shows WSDL files where you can explore the content of the WSDL file and view its internal schemas as well as all of its messages, port types, bindings, and services. The import of XML schemas or different WSDL files is also possible.
· If a file is renamed or moved, the change is passed to all other files in the workspace that reference the changed file. The advantage is that multiple files can be managed from within the SchemaAgent Client GUI, thus obviating the need to edit individual files separately.
Viewing structures and relations:
· In the Design window, you can obtain a graphical view of the relationships between an MFD file, its source and target schemas, and all schemas associated with the source and target schemas. IIRs can be viewed immediately and in greater detail in the schema component itself and the detailed structure of schema components, such as elements and complex types, can be displayed.
· This applies also to XML instances, XSLT stylesheets and WSDL files. For each of these files, SchemaAgent Client displays a file box in the Design window. These file boxes contain all the relevant information for a particular file, structured in collapsed sections which can be expanded to view some of the data in detail.
Selecting or inserting related files:
· SchemaAgent Client offers several options to select file boxes or insert files that reference other files in the workspace.
Integration with XMLSpy:
· If set up to work with SchemaAgent, Altova\'s XMLSpy provides powerful schema editing capabilities. While a schema is being edited in the Schema/WSDL View of XMLSpy, components of all schemas in SchemaAgent Server\'s search paths are listed in the Entry Helpers and can be modified and reused in the schema being edited. Information about IIRs created or modified in Schema/WSDL View is written to related schemas.
· Pentium III processor, 800 MHz recommended
· 64MB RAM
· 50MB available on hard-disk
· Internet connection
· 30-day trial What\'s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Support for WSDL 2.0 in addition to WSDL 1.1
· 32-bit and 64-bit versions