Monitor data received from and sent to a COM port in manual, auto or spy modes
Today we are all living in a completely new era. Nowadays, utilizing digital technologies is as natural as breathing and eating. This is why so many businesses turn towards digital products and solutions. The number of devices that can be connected to a home or office PC grows exponentially.The PC becomes a control center of various pieces of hardware: from MP3-players to industrial machinery. One of the industry-standard device communications protocols is the RS232/RS485/RS422 serial interface, or COM port, for short. Creating devices that communicate with PCs via a serial port is very cost-effective, not to mention the amazing hardware compatibility.Most computers are equipped with at least one free serial port. However, developing hardware and software solutions that are built around COM port communications protocols is a challenging task without proper tools. But, now there is: Advanced Serial Port Monitor by AGGsoftware, the unique serial port monitoring and data handling solution that allows developers to focus on their projects instead of battling the hardware.Advanced Serial Port Monitor can operate in manual, automatic and spy modes providing developers with unique opportunity to monitor all data received from a device connected to COM port as well as send data directly to a serial port either manually or automatically on given time intervals.The application supports full duplex mode, which means you can use it anytime without having to close or restart programs already communicating with a device via a serial port. Advanced Serial Port Monitor supports all possible baud rates, data bits number, stop bits number, parity and flow control types.In addition to the flexible configuration, Advanced Serial Port Monitor supports plug-ins used to emulate various devices and expand software functionality. Here are some key features of \"Advanced Serial Port Monitor\":
· Full duplex mode. You can lead the given exchange not breaking execution of the other applications, not starting any additional programs! All the given information You can see on serial port monitor\'s screen, in special window and write out all coming data to file!
· Flexible configuration. Our serial port monitor supports the miscellaneous baudrates (up to 115200), number of databits, number of stop bits, different types to parity, flow control types and other. You may change all parameters in operation;
· Automatic and manual mode. With Advanced Serial Port Monitor you can send data manually (click over \"Send\" button) or automatically through determined by you interval (from 10ms to 10000ms);
· Free data source. In our serial port monitor a source data can be free (file or input string). You can prepare information before or type it directly. You can insert characters with code from 0 to 31 (0 - 2F Hex) from popup menu;
· Write out received data to file. You can store all received bytes to file (for example if data flow is very fast) and analyze file with received data later;
· Plugins supported. With our plugins you can: transfer files, emulate some industrial devices and others;
· Spy (sniffer) mode. With this mode you can monitor data exchange between any external devices, connected to serial port and Windows applications;
· Build in scripting engine. With this feature you can run Advanced Serial Port Monitor with predefined options and actions or execute commands from plugins.
· One free serial port
· Monitors 1024 bytes only in the spy mode
· 15 days trial
· Nag screen