A utility that allows writing notes against files on disks, CDROMs, removable media and over networks.
Atlast! File Notes Organizer is an application specially designed for managing and organizing files. It is the one stop solution for writing notes against any files on disk, removable media and over networks. Start using FNO3 to get organized within seconds. With an interface like Windows Explorer with extra columns, you can start adding notes immediately, wherever your files are located. Even use search tools like Windows search, File Finder, X1 and Yahoo Desktop search to jumpstart your collections. Catalog all your files - downloads, documents, photos, music, video etc. You can even add notes for a page or a section of video and jump straight to it in the viewer Integrated Viewer - Support for all popular file formats including Microsoft Office, PDF, MP3, Windows media, JPEG, Photoshop, ZIP. Also includes support for Paint Shop Pro, Corel Draw, Paperport MAX and many more. Slide Show - With a few clicks you can create and present a collection of files from across folders, CDs, DVDs and the network. Workgroup Notes - By using bookmark notes each member of a workgroup can add their own notes for a document or even a page within a document. The Windows Explorer-like interface means instant staff productivity with minimal training. You cannot get a simpler, more cost effective solution for digital information management. Virtual Folders - Drag a set of folders (or files) into a collection and browse the contents just as if they were all within one virtual folder. Automatic Prompts - When you save a new file or download from the internet you can be automatically prompted for a note by a small popup window. Also, notes are automatically maintained when any application does a file copy, move, delete or rename. Security - Notes and layouts are automatically saved along with every network backup. That means your business can be up and running at an emergency location in a matter of hours should the need ever arise. Security alone makes the paperless effort worthwhile. Here are some key features of \"Atlast! File Notes Organizer\":
Modern Design - Replaces or Supplements Windows Explorer:
· FNO 3 provides a complete alternative to Windows Explorer, and so much more. Use FNO 3 or Windows Explorer or any other application to copy, move or delete files or folders and your FNO 3 File Notes are automatically copied, moved or deleted too.
Unlimited Catalog Size:
· Significantly Increased Search Speed. You can now create virtually unlimited notes against files and pages within files (Bookmarks) within each folder. FNO 3 will search and filter thousands of notes almost instantly.
· You may display or hide the standard Windows Explorer columns and select from FNO3 note/information columns which include: 4 textual notes, 2 date notes, page and page count notes, a numerical/decimal note, a bookmark note, checkbox note, thumbnail image, document summary information (.doc and .mp3) and the note timestamp. You can even make files, folders and bookmarks display with a row color so they stand out.
Simple and Advanced Note Editing:
· You can add notes with a simple \"inplace\" cell editor, or by using a popup multi-line editor. You can edit notes cell by cell, or as a group. However you want to work, FNO3 makes it simple and easy.
File Detection and Prompting:
· A background service is able to detect the creation or opening of files in any or all of the folders on your PC and network without any noticable performance or memory consumption. You can be prompted for notes as a file is saved or opened by any application. Or you can be prompted for a note on the currently opened document only when you ask for it.
· A revolutionary ability to write multiple notes against each file and each page within a file [BookMark]. This allows you to bring order to any multi-page TIFF or PaperPort stack. The bookmarked page is even displayed as a thumbnail, or full size within the viewer. Bookmarked pages can be filtered and searched for just like any normal file note.
Zip File Support:
· View the contents of a zip file. Zip and Unzip files. FNO3 notes automatically get included in zip files using pkzip comments. Automates the trialling of a zip file within its own folder.
Background Note Maintenance:
· If you have FNO3 running in the system tray then all notes are automatically maintained whenever any Windows application (or Windows Explorer) performs a file copy, move, rename or delete.
Flood Fill Notes:
· Quickly create catalogs by searching for files that match various criteria, and automatically adding keywords or notes.
· All the file types supported by the viewer can also be printed. The print preview enables the size and position on the paper to be easily specified.
Printing of Notes:
· You can now print your Catalogs. You can perform a search or filter to display the notes you want, and then choose various page settings for header, footer, and borders.
MP3 and Word/Excel File Summary Info:
· The descriptive information such as author, keywords and comments held within these files can be displayed in an information column.
Virtual Folders/ Collections:
· Create a virtual folder by dragging various folders into a catalog collection. The collection can be browsed and filtered just as if it were a normal folder, even though the contents are from many places on your PC. This enables you to create a collection for a special task, while leaving all the files in their current folders
· Pentium 200Mhz
· 64Mb RAM
· 800x600 display
· 30 days trial
· nag screen What\'s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The latest Outside-in v8.0.1 Document Viewers are now included.
· A number of bug fixes and improvements to current features are included.
· A new video playing component is included.
· Virtual Collections - now create on-the-fly presentations and projects collections from any media using popular search software including Windows Search, X1, Yahoo Desktop, PowerDesk File Finder with one \"Save To Collection\" mouse click