A cross-platform benchmark that measures your computer's processor and memory performance
Geekbench is a completely awesome cross-platform benchmark that you can use for measuring the performance of your PC\'s processor and RAM.Geekbench also offers the sexy Geekbench Result Browser which lets you compare your Geekbench scores with other Geekbench users. Here are some key features of \"Geekbench\":
· Geekbench\'s processor benchmarks (every one!) run in both single-threaded and multi-threaded modes letting you see the performance increase multiple cores (or multiple processors) bring to your system.
· Geekbench is available in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. Run both versions on a 64-bit operating system to see the increase (or decrease) 64-bit applications bring to your system.
· Submit your results to the Geekbench Result Browser and share your results with your friends and other Geekbench users. Create an account and keep track of your Geekbench results online.
· Geekbench features a number of benchmarks that use SIMD instructions (both Altivec and SSE) letting you see the performance increase SIMD-aware applications bring to your system.
· Geekbench is available in both Universal and Rosetta versions for Mac OS X. Run the Rosetta version on your Intel-based Mac to find out how quickly it runs PowerPC applications, or to find out how much of a performance advantage Universal applications bring.
· Intel Pentium II or AMD Athlon processor
· 512MB of RAM
· Only available in 32 bit benchmark. What\'s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added support for the iPhone 4S.
· Improved performance on systems with less than 512MB of RAM.
· Fixed divide-by-zero errors that occurred on Windows XP 64-Bit Edition.
· Fixed a bug that could prevent uploading results to the Geekbench Result Browser.
· Fixed processor core counts on computers with more than 64 cores.