A powerful security solution.
WinLock is a comprehensive security solution for personal or publicly accessible computers. WinLock Professional is a software application that ensures that only authorized people can access sensitive information on your computer. With WinLock, you can control how long others can use your computer. It runs from the system tray and requires a password to gain access to the available settings. It loads automatically with Windows and allows you to add an optional startup message, provides audio notification, and sets the time limit. Once that limit is reached, Windows is summarily shut down. You can toggle the timer on and off from the tray. When enabled, there is no way around it without the proper password. WinLock also lets you disable Windows hot keys (such as Alt-Ctrl-Del, Alt-Tab, Ctrl-Esc, etc.), lock Windows desktop, hide the Start button and Switch bar, lock files and folders, filter Internet content and much more... Here are some key features of \"WinLock Professional\":
· Apply different restrictions separately to each user account. Now you can create different protection schemes for each user account in a multiple-user environment. For each user, WinLock will activate only the selected restrictions. Moreover, it is possible to suspend all forms of WinLock protection for the specified user.
· Internet-related restrictions. WinLock Professional provides you with a group of selected Internet Explorer policies and enhanced content filtration suited to control and protect Internet access.
· Website content filtration. The Professional edition not only checks the address of the site, but also scans the entire page, including the hidden meta-tags for any prohibited words. For example, if you define \"sex\" as a keyword, any Web site contains this word will be prohibited. This makes possible to prohibit access to questionable Web sites - notably for public-access computers in schools and libraries.
· Built-in file encryptor. You are likely to have confidential documents on your computer, which you may want to encrypt. LockBox Wizard will help you to protect any information. It uses a very strong Blowfish crypto-algorithm. Protected files cannot be decrypted without the correct password.
· At least 4 MB of free space on the hard disk.
· Reasonable amount of RAM.
· 30 days trial
· Nag screen What\'s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Hungarian translation.
· Password strength meter.
· Bug fixed: two application buttons on taskbar in Windows 9x.
· Minor changes.