The full version of a very recommendable media player
foobar2000 is an advanced yet easy-to-use audio player. The name foobar is derived from a common placeholder name used in computer programming.foobar2000 is known for its highly modular design and extensive SDK that will help developers completely intervene into the software\'s source code. foobar2000 supports a vast array of audio file formats and comes with features for metadata support and file organization.It also has a converter interface for use with command line encoders and noise shaping and dithering for maximization of audio fidelity of consumer-grade equipment.Note: To prevent people from running outdated beta versions, every beta version expires after four weeks from the original release. Here are some key features of \"foobar2000\":
· Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND and more with additional components.
· Gapless playback.
· Full unicode support.
· Easily customizable user interface layout.
· Advanced tagging capabilities.
· Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
· Full ReplayGain support.
· Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
· Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player.
What\'s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added WAV file format tagging support.
· Implemented experimental support for 16-bit floating-point WAV files.
· Fixed ID3v2 handling bugs from 1.1.8.