Comprehensive security solution.
This is a comprehensive security solution for personal or publicly accessible computers. WinLock is a tool which ensures that only authorized people can access sensitive information on your computer. WinLock is an application you can use to impose security restrictions and control how long others can use your computer. It runs from the system tray and requires a password to gain access to the available settings. It loads automatically with Windows and allows you to add an optional startup message, provide audio notification, and set the time limit. Once that limit is reached, Windows is summarily shut down. You can toggle the timer on and off from the tray. When enabled, there is no way around it without the proper password. WinLock also lets you to disable Windows hot keys (such as Alt-Ctrl-Del, Alt-Tab, Ctrl-Esc, etc.), lock Windows desktop, hide the Start button and Switch bar, lock files and folders, filter Internet content and much more... Here are some key features of \"WinLock\":
· System restrictions - disable command prompt, Control Panel, Safe Mode, and more...
· Time-limited access - control how long other users can use the computer
· Restrict Start Menu - hide the selective Start menu items, block context menus
· Control Internet access - allow access only to the trusted sites only, and block all others
· Sofware filter - block access to the downloaders, games, messaging clients, or CD burners
· Hide drives - hide your system and network drives in Windows Explorer
· Logging - monitor changes to the Windows shell and writes these changes to the log file
· At least 8 MB of free space on the hard disk.
· A TCP/IP capable network (for remote administration).
· 30 days trial
· Nag screen What\'s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Hungarian translation.
· Password strength meter.
· Bug fixed: two application buttons on taskbar in Windows 9x.
· Minor changes.