A handy drive manager to help you keep your computer in order
Drive Manager has been written to help you easily identify drives which are of the same type. As well as displaying the volume label it also displays vendor information so that multiply CD/DVD drives and removable drives such as USB thumb drives can be differentiated by their manufacturers name, version and revision date. Also the serial number can be seen as a unique ID for each drives.Drive Manager will continually monitors the space available for each of your drive letters. You can also open a drive in explorer by double clicking on it. The Floppy disk drive letters A and B are ignored. It will automatically refresh every 10 seconds. This save you having to use the \"My Computer\" in windows and then change to the report view. The volume label is displayed for all removable drives as well as local drives. This is useful if you have lots of thumb drives or smart media, compact flash etc.The serial number column is useful for keeping track of which hard disk is which or for logging you customers hard disk serial numbers.Individual drives can be hidden from Windows explorer. You can do this by right clicking on a drive and selected Hide Drive from the popup menu. The drives will still be visible in Drive Manager so you can make then visible again. Here are some key features of \"Drive Manager\":
· Free column.
· Hard disk serial number
· CD ROM Doors open + close.
· Lock / Unlock CD ROM / DVD drives.
· Not mounted drives listed in grey with disks not inserted.
· Time and date.
· Map / Disconnect network drives.
· Hide / Unhide drives from explorer.
· See drives which are hidden.
· Drive properties dialog on right click.
· Create / Remove a substitute drive letter for a local folder.
· Hidden drives displayed in blue.
· Launch Windows Search
· Drives with less than 5% available are displayed in red.
· Vendor details: Vendor Name, Product Id, Revision, Vendor Spec
What\'s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· SMART information for hard disks.
· Disk information and flags.
· CD/DVD information and drive capabilities