Extract forensic data from computers, quicker and easier than ever
PassMark OSForensics is a computer forensics application for locating and analyzing digital evidence that are found in computer systems and digital storage devices.A suite of modules are provided for effectively reducing the task of analyzing the vast amounts of data on live systems and storage media with a simple, easy-to-use modular interface.OSForensics also provides tools that can identify evidence material in seconds (such as a search for a particular file name) up to more sophisticated tools (such as locating incriminating data in deleted files) for identifying harder to locate digital evidence artifacts. Here are some key features of \"OSForensics\":
Find files quickly:
· OSForensics allows you to search for files many times faster than the search functionality in Windows.
· Results can be analyzed in the form of a file listing, a Thumbnail View, or a Timeline View which allows you to determine where significant file change activity has occurred.
Search within Files:
· If the basic file search functionality is not enough, OSForensics can also create an index of the files on a hard disk. This allows for lightning fast searches for text contained inside the documents. Powered by the technology behind Wrensoft\'s acclaimed Zoom Search Engine.
Search for Emails:
· An additional feature of being able to search within files is the ability to search email archives. The indexing process can open and read most popular email file formats (including pst) and identify the individual messages. This allows for a fast text content search of any emails found on a system.
Recover Deleted Files:
· After a file has been deleted, even once removed from the recycling bin, it often still exists until another new file takes its place on the hard drive. OSForensics can track down this ghost file data and attempt to restore it back to useable state on the hard drive.
Uncover Recent Activity:
Find out what users have been up to. OSForensics can uncover the user actions performed recently on the system, including but not limited to:
· Opened Documents
· Web Browsing History
· Connected USB Devices
· Connected Network Shares
Collect System Information:
Find out what\'s inside the computer. Detailed information about the hardware a system is running on:
· CPU type and number of CPUs
· Amount and type of RAM
· Installed Hard Drives
· Connected USB devices
· and much more. Powered by Passmark\'s SysInfo DLL.
View Active Memory:
· Look directly at what is currently in the systems main memory. Attempt to uncover passwords and other sensitive information that would otherwise be inaccessible.
· Select from a list of active processes on the system to inspect. OSF can also dump their memory to a file on disk for later inspection.
· Minimum 1GB of RAM (4GB+ recommended)
· 30MB of free disk space, or can be run from USB drive
· Limited to 3 cases at a time
· Disk indexing and searching Limited to 200,000 files or EMails
· Restore Deleted Files Limited to one file at a time What\'s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Increased index log window from 5000 to 10000 lines
· Added search MRU items for Windows7 in recent activity
· Added mounted drive letters + volumes to recent activity
· Fixed a bug where on some systems file carving would end up in an infinite loop