Industrial strength text transformation engine for data conversion and mining
Slam-dunk the most challenging edit tasks with TextPipe Engine - a powerful text-processing engine that combines 100 conversion, translation and filtering operations on multiple text or binary files. Update web site text using search and replace, which supports perl pattern matching, sounds-like matching and edit-distance matching, and search/replace lists loaded from Excel/CSV/Tab files.Convert files from foreign computer systems between mainframe fixed-length formats and DOS, Macintosh and Unix line-feed formats. Filters can split or join files, remove blanks from the start or end of each line, add or remove lines or columns. Add line numbers, sort, center or right justify text, remove blank lines, remove HTML tags, remove duplicate lines, word wrap, convert between ASCII and EBCDIC, OEM and ANSI, Unicode and ANSI, remap ANSI or Unicode characters, extract email addresses, expand or contract tabs, remove backspaces, remove binary characters, pad or truncate or force lines to a predetermined width, generate word lists and much more.Restrict changes to line or column ranges, CSV- or tab-delimited fields, lines that match or do not match a pattern, and search replacements (allowing replacement text to be capitalized etc).TextPipe can be fully automated via a web page, the command-line or scripted via a COM interface. Handles files larger than 2 GB. XML, CSV, tab-delimited or fixed width database extracts can be generated using the database connection filter.User-defined filters can be written in VBScript or JScript. Audit logs keep track of the filter lists run, files modified and changes made. More than 200 example filter files are included along with a comprehensive online manual. Winner SIA 2003 \"Best Application\" award. Here are some key features of \"TextPipe Engine\":
· Fix text or binary files of ANY size. Unlike competitor products, TextPipe does not attempt to read the entire file into memory first, so it can process files larger than the amount of memory you have.
· Process unlimited files and folders (with exclusion lists and subfolder depth settings), or the Windows clipboard
· Unmatched search and replace power. Read more
· EasyPattern text matching and perl patterns
· Can be scheduled for automated lights-out processing, with audit logs tracking every step
· Integrates with Windows Explorer and various third-party tools
· Developer API - can be scripted via a COM interface by other programs
· 145 Unicode, ANSI, ASCII and single byte and multi-byte conversion functions, and 151 code page conversions
· Roll your own custom filters using industry standard JScript and VBScript
· Restrict changes to lines, columns, fields, XML and HTML elements and more, eg just lines 10..30, columns 1-3, CSV fields 4 and 7, Tab-delimited fields 8..10, replacement text etc
· Wizard to assemble complex filters
· Filters can be exported to the clipboard for documentation purposes and for revision control in external applications. The export includes the hierarchical filter structure, file lists and comments.
· Filters can also be exported to the command line, to JScript, VBScript or a web page. This is very handy for automating processing jobs, and for designing customized front ends for TextPipe, making it easier for less technical users.
· Uses no temporary files (except for large sorts), so you save massive amounts of hard disk space
· Make multiple changes to multiple files in just ONE pass. Successive transforms can be applied in a user-defined order, such as multiple search-replace operations in a row, or an Extract Email Addresses filter followed by a Sort and Remove Duplicates filter etc
· Create and modify XML/CSV/Tab/Insert Script database extracts from OLE DB/ODBC databases
· No limit on line length. Unlike other products, lines are NOT limited to a fixed length
· Test and debug filters without affecting key data
· Five part tutorial introduces key concepts
· 100 Transforms
· Library of more than 200 example filters you can link to
· Ultra-High Speed
· 32 MB RAM
· 30 days free trial What\'s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Capture Text, Break on Value Change window now shows length of strings and
· current cursor position.
· Updated internal PCRE (Pattern Matching ) engine to v8.13 and support for
· Unicode 6.0.0.
· Updated Unicode internal libraries to support Unicode 4.1 for Normalization
· COM callees are now notified of Stack violations (e.g. during pattern
· execution) or other critical errors via the existing \'FilterWindow.errorText\'
· Only modified files are added back into Zip files such as .zip, .docx, .xlsx
· and .pptx.