PLATYPUX is a Linux distribution which uses methods from LFS and BLFS (Linux From Scratch). You can set up the system on a PC, a laptop, or a USB key. Its graphical interface is implemented with XFCE. It's easily transportable. Tools like LibreOffice, Gimp, Xsane, SRWare Iron, Inkscape, OpenShot, Xfburn, Peazip, and JavaMPlayer are already installed.
Introduction to Platypux
Platypux is a french Linux distribution which allows you to take your works everywhere:
- easy to use: thanks to the window manager XFCE, you will be at ease with your system environnement.
- multi-plateform: on PCs, laptops, external hard disk or USB keys.
- adapt it for your needs: you will get THE system which corresponds YOU by customizing the PLATYPUX DVD.
- free: free to use, only based in free softwares.
- a lot of tools installed by default: LibreOffice, Gimp, Epdfview, Xsane, SRWare Iron, Xfe, Xfburn, JavaMPlayer... to listen to music, navigate on the Web...
- 3D acceleration available: NVIDIA with proprietaries packages
- kernel sources available: to compile an "exotic" module. It works WITH UDEV AND WITHOUT HAL.
The password of root is "root". Don't forget to change it with "passwd" command...
get platypux (commands Windows+Linux to merge the files,...)
I didn't find checksums : I emailed the team and I'm waiting for a reply.