Official Web Site: http://growl.info/
Growl is the is ultimate notification system for the Mac. It's the easiest way to know what is going on with other applications while you are working on something else.
One day we were working with pictures in iPhoto while waiting on an important email to arrive. Every time an email came in, it interrupted our iPhoto work when we switched to Mail. We had no idea what each email was, we just had to keep clicking back over to Mail every time there was a new email. At the end of the day we decided that we needed a solution to this problem, and thus Growl was born (For Mail integration you will need GrowlMail).
* Personalize your notifications. Choose Growl's presentation, look and
* Keeps working even when you are not. Come back to your mac and
review what happened while you were gone with Rollup.
* Easy to use Applications tab for controlling what you receive and what
* Speech display for hearing your notifications, great for those who are
* Awesome notification history, so you can see what has been going on.
* A large variety of styles come with Growl. Anything from nano which
is tiny, to music video which is huge.
* Make your own Growl styles very easily with web technology to give
Growl your own look and feel.
* Send Growl notifications from Cocoa, Applescript, or over the
* Networking so that two or more macs can forward notifications to each
* Can work with the iPhone and iPad via Prowl.
* Resolves issue with notifications becoming stuck and the close button
no longer functioning. Thanks for the feedback!
* History now sorts newest to oldest by default.
* Resolves an issue with the automator action being unusable.
Intel Mac, OS X.7 and above
--- PLEASE SEED ---