A Manual download of NCsofts Aion Client for those who have trouble downloading it through the launcher as I did.
1. Unzip Aion Folder to: C:Program FilesNCsoft
2. Run NCsoft launcher
3. Click Aion Tab -- REPAIR game. (This will force the launcher to update and fix any broken files. YOU MUST DO THIS BEFORE YOU PLAY, but it shouldn\'t take too long.)
If your launcher doesn\'t recognize you have the Aion folder:
1. open NCsoft launcher
2. Click Aion Tab -- Properties
3. Find your Aion folder and set the location for Aion.bin (usualy: C:Program FilesNCsoftAion)
If you get an (1024) X Failed to initialize the game Error Try this fix:
In order to try to resolve the 1024 error, please try the following:
1. Browse to your Aion installation folder (default: C:Program FilesNCsoftAion).
2. Delete the L10N folder.
3. Start the NCsoft Launcher.
4. Right-click the Aion entry in the NCsoft Launcher and choose Repair (Consistency Check).
Let the repair complete and try the game again.
If the issue persists please try the following also:
1. Right-click the Aion entry in the NCsoft Launcher.
2. Choose Properties.
3. Click the Language Options button.
4. Uncheck the German and French languages if either are currently selected, and be sure that the drop-down menu has "English" selected.
5. Click OK there and on the Aion Properties window.