THIS IS NEWEST VERSION OF THE MOD (11.09.2012), PLEASE HELP SEEDING THIS TORRENT INSTEAD OF OLDER VERSIONS.
Special new in v4.2+++ (Bushido Edition)
- Many AI formation improvements (Land & Naval). You will lose many battles from this AI.
- Combat & Animation mechanics improvements which also improve FPS perfomance.
- Unit physics and melee penetration improved.
- Ships more realistic physics and interaction with waves.
- Morale tweaks for more challenging and enduring battles.
- Some projectile improvements, for example gun reload rates.
- Secondary ground movement modifiers of the game nullified (they created a sluggish unit movement and possibly lag).
- Battle autoresolve improved.
- Attack fire arcs changes. AI Cavalry should now move+flank far more effectively and will be not suicidal.
- Launcher changes:
The 1X button is replaced by the "Normal Unit Size" button. This button will now enable DarthMod with the most common options for multiplayer but will not lock unit size to 1X. You can change the unit size as in Vanilla per your own taste. This makes it more compatible for organising MP battles but also will no longer confuse player on how to reduce unit sizes to vanilla levels.
Awesome mod for Total War: Shogun 2 made by Darth Vader himself. Main features:
- The speed, accelerations and physics of the units are taken to realistic levels
- Various changes to morale and battle mechanics create more lasting battles
- Projectiles are not homing to the targets
- Increased unit sizes for epic battles
- Removed all the insane cheats for the AI
- Diplomacy and campaign AI have been improved
- Autocalculation of battles works better.
- Fortifications have more garrison troops
- The economy system is slightly improved
- Upgrade points for characters are increased from 2 to 3
- Several annoying things, for the majority of players, are removed like the projectile trails (laser trails) and the Horo (Balloon). The removal of laser trails in combination with the reduced speeds brings a significant FPS increase
- Increased army and navy control radius in the campaign map
- Better naval battles
- Ships have much more movement points
- Clans have more diversity for their special units
Many features are customizable.
DarthMod works with single player (and possibly coop) campaigns of Shogun 2, Rise of Samurai, Fall of Samurai, and multiplayer matches - but other player(s) have to install this mod, and apply exactly the same settings.
You can also easily disable the mod with one click, and play vanilla game (required for multiplayer games with random people).