There are 3 versions of MPC-HC available for download: the official one, developed by Casimir666, the version compiled by XvidVideo
, and XhmikosR
builds which are usually newer because they use the latest SVN (the most up-to-date version of the code).Some features of Media Player Classic Home Cinema 1.6
- Option to remove Tearing.
- Support for EVR (Enhanced Video Renderer)
- Supports Subtitles.
- Playback and recording of television if a supported TV tuner is installed.
- Creation of minidump when MPC HC crashes.
- OSD (On Screen Display)
- Shuttle PN31 remote control support
- Support for Multi-Monitor configuration
- Pixel shader to convert BT601 - BT701
- YV12 Chroma Upsampling pixel shader
- Language Translations.
- All features from the Guliverkli MPC Project from Gabest
MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 playback. Media Player Classic is capable of VCD, SVCD and DVD playback, without the need to install any additional software or codecs.
It has built-in codecs for MPEG-2 video and codecs for LPCM, MP2, AC3 and DTS audio, and also contains an improved MPEG splitter that supports playback of VCDs and SVCDs using its VCD/SVCD/XCD Reader. A *.mp4 and MPEG-4 Timed Text support added. An AAC decoding filter makes MPC suitable for AAC playback in MP4.
MPC Home Cinema also has H.264 and VC-1 with DXVA support, DivX, Xvid, and Flash Video formats is available in MPC HC. MPC can also use the QuickTime and the RealPlayer architectures. Media Player Classic supports native playback of OGM and Matroska container formats.Supported Video, Audio and Image file formats
WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG, SND, AU, AIF, AIFC, AIFF, MIDI, MPEG, MPG, MP2, VOB, AC3, DTS, ASX, M3U, PLS, WAX, ASF, WM, WMA, WMV, AVI, CDA, JPEG, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, D2V, MP4, SWF, MOV, QT, FLV.Changes in Media Player Classic - Home Cinema 1.6.3
- The playlist visibility state was incorrectly restored when MPC-HC was quited in fullscreen mode while the option "Hide on fullscreen" was enabled.
- minor update for Polish translation [kasper93]
- .tak extension added
- update simplified Chinese translation [ageback]
- updated DirectX check for June 2010 version
- update MediaInfoLib to v0.7.56
- update ZenLib to v0.4.26
- See full changelog here
.Changes in Media Player Classic - Home Cinema 18.104.22.16802
+ MatroskaSplitter: Support for QT video formats in Matroska v1 and MPEG-1
+ Added .tak extension
* Changed default settings
- Global media keys are now activated by default
- Media volume keys will now change the system\'s volume when MPC-HC is the foreground application
+ Added a new Zoom option "Auto Fit (large only)"
+ Ticket #1792, Show an OSD message and a status message when a favorite is created via the keyboard shortcut
+ Ticket #1866, Added suppport for MLP audio in MpaDecFilter and DTSAC3Source
+ Ticket #2134, Added an auto-update feature to periodically check for new update. This feature can be enabled on first launch or via the Miscellaneous options page. The delay between the checks is also customizable.
+ Ticket #2193, Add PNG support for custom toolbars
+ Added Basque translation
+ Include unrar.dll in the installer; rar\'ed subtitles should be supported out of the box
* Ticket #734, A unicode encoding will now be used for the ini file. Old ASCII ini files will be automatically converted to unicode. Favorites with unicode filenames are now correctly handled when using an ini file
* Ticket #1693, [VSFilter] Remove the feature preventing the screensaver from running when VSFilter is active since that\'s a job for players not for filters
* Ticket #1733/#2029, Include subfolders when opening a folder using the command
line or via the explorer context menu
- See full changelog here